Thursday, March 12, 2020

Review: Mario Badescu All is Calm, All is Bright

Assalamualaikum and hi.

This Mario Badescu holiday set consists of cleanser, toner, facial spray, serum and night cream. I bought this on December 2019 and almost finishing most of them after 3 months. I bought this in Sephora Malaysia for around RM125 (~30 USD).






My Skin Type: Combination to dry skin.

What it claims: Refresh and re-balance skin, then replenish with layers of comforting, complexion boosting formulas that restore luminosity. For fresh and glowing face.


I will highlight only the first few concerning ingredients for each products as in order.

Yellow - May cause irritation, avoid if you're pregnant/breastfeeding.
Red - May cancerous with high exposure of the sun, otherwise no prove of hazards.
Blue - Good chemicals for my skin! I'll state the reason in brackets.


My skincare steps:
Day: Cleanser > Toner > Moisturiser (other line) > Sunscreen (other line)
Night: Oil cleanser (other line) > Cleanser > Toner > Vitamin C Serum > Seaweed Night Cream


1. Enzyme Cleansing Gel (59ml Cleanser)

Enzyme Cleansing Gel (59ml Cleanser)

Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin (Moisturizing), Propylene Glycol, PEG-8 Stearate, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Papaya Fruit Extract, Grapefruit Fruit Extract, Carbomer, NaCl, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, etc...

Texture: Gel

Scent: Contains sharp fragrance

Effect: My skin feels cleaner and brighter after each wash. I'm finishing this bottle after 4 months.

Repurchase: No, I'll try to avoid parabens.



2. Witch Hazel & Lavender Toner (59ml Toner)


Witch Hazel & Lavender Toner (59ml Toner)

Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Witch Hazel Leaf Extract, Lavender Flower Water, Lavender Oil, Aloe Barbadeus Leaf Juice, Citric Acid (AHA! Chemically exfoliates skin), Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate,  Propylparaben, etc...

Texture: Quick absorption on skin. Use cotton pad for cleansing effect.

Scent: Contains fragrance

Effect: My skin feels brighter, less new acne growth so far. I'm finishing this bottle after 4 months.

Repurchase: No, I'll try to avoid parabens.


3. Facial Spray with Aloe Chamomile and Lavender (59ml Facial Spray)

Facial Spray with Aloe Chamomile and Lavender (59ml Facial Spray)

Ingredients: -

Texture: Quick absorption on skin.

Scent: Contains fragrance

Effect: My skin feels fresh and looks hydrated after use.

Repurchase: Yes, but I don't really fancy facial spray. I haven't even finish half of the bottle after 4 months of use.


 4. Vitamin C Serum (4ml Serum)
Vitamin C Serum (4ml Serum)

Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Aqua, Hexylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C-oil soluble), 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), PEG-25 hydrogenated castor oil, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Lavender Oil, Hydroxyacetophenone, etc...

Texture: Light and quick absorption on skin compared to my previous vitamin C by the Ordinary. I love this it doesn't waste my time.

Scent: Contains fragrance

Effect: My skin looks brighter after consistent use. The first week I can tell my skin looks brighter and my skin color toned up. However it still take a month to brighten hyperpigmentations or acne scars. But so far I don't really get a lot new acnes so this works.

Repurchase: Yes, I already did. This set just gave me 4ml and I already fell in love with it.


5. Seaweed Night Cream (4g Night Moisturizer)


Seaweed Night Cream (4g Night Moisturizer)

Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate (Skin barrier - moisturising), Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Fucus Vesiculosus (Plant extract), Hydrolyzed Elastin, Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Carbomer, Parfum, NaCl, Cetyl Alcohol, Aqua, Hexylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C-oil soluble), PhenoxyethanolMethylparaben, Propylparaben, etc...

Texture: Heavy and slow absorption on skin. This is probably why it's for night time.

Scent: Contains fragrance

Effect: My skin looks brighter after consistent use. The first week I can tell my skin looks brighter and my skin color toned up. My skin looks hydrated when I wake up in the morning. I love how it contains all the moisturising ingredients.

Repurchase: Yes, but I never found it in any stores.




Would I recommend Mario Badescu? The bottom line is it works really good on my skin within 4 months of use. My skin looks brighter and healthier. I never got any acne breakout after using this skincare (which I was prone to). I do get just hormonal acne like once per month. However, I don't like how most of their products contain parabens and fragrance and I'm trying to look for some other comparable line. I might reconsider though as parabens aren't really harmful without UV exposure. But I'm exposed under the sun basically everyday, so I'll try to avoid parabens. I just repurchase their Vitamin C Serum because it works great on me and just trying their Rosehip Oil.

Thank you for reading.

Source: 1 2 3 4 5 6

No comments

Post a Comment

© AQILAH ALI
Maira Gall