Thursday, April 23, 2020

2 AM

Being from another part of the world makes things more difficult. And there’s this whole slew of other different things involving compatibility that we can't really find out. Also getting to know the irl version of the person sounds like a potential landmine after you’re already used to their online self. 

There’s also the question of whether or not a relationship can stand the tests of time, which is a whole other monster. They say that love isn't always enough; sometimes you have to leave people you love so that both can work on things they really want.

I know I could find someone else if this really does fail, but the thought kind of makes my stomach turn - I rarely find people with whom I can click, much less people who reciprocate. It’s physically and emotionally taxing working on something you’re not sure will work in the long run, despite the joy it brings you. I just needed to vent and this sounds like the safest place when no one's around

No comments

Post a Comment

© AQILAH ALI
Maira Gall