Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Review: Alcon Freshlook One-Day Color Daily

Assalamualaikum and hi,

I've always wanted to wear contact lenses but I wasn't ready for it because I've seen so many people claiming that lenses are kinda dangerous which needs high maintenance. Until one day I came across to a photo of someone with a very natural look contact lens on my timeline, at least in her photo. And she has a pair of beautiful eyes, so I believe I have beautiful eyes as well that I decided to try them.



I saw it was on sale in Lazada during the Hari Raya sale, so I decided to buy it with my sister's advice because she is an experienced contact lens user. She told me that Alcon is a trusted brand but she had no idea why the promotion makes it very cheap. I got RM22 for 5 pairs of daily lenses. Which is around 5-6 USD.

The lens color I chose was green

Since it was my first time wearing contact lenses, my sister recommend me to choose daily lens since you need to only wear them for few hours and with a good moisture content. I really took a total of an hour to put the lenses on my eyes. I feel like they're too big for my eyes haha. I just don't get used to it.

Is it comfortable? For the first 2 hours, yes. I found it starts to cling on my eyes after 2-3 hours ignoring the case I was probably just tired. But I guess it's best to wear during daylight since your iris will closed more, making it smaller. When I used them during the night, I found that the circle wasn't at the perfect center of my dark eyes, with my iris was a little bit larger, the center frame of the lens slightly disturbing my sight.



Green lens under low light



This one was under IKEA lighting, moderate bright

I personally think the green color compliment to my eye shape and skin tone. The color of the lens under artificial lighting are just average, doesn't look that natural. However under high light like flash, it seems pretty. Since I was wearing these at night, so I can't really conclude the appearance during the daylight, which I believe would be a lot prettier and more natural. I really find this lens flattering on me. :)

No comments

Post a Comment

© AQILAH ALI
Maira Gall