Sunday, June 23, 2019

Review: The Ordinary - Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2%

Assalamualaikum and hi,

The Ordinary - Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2%. I can hardly find a review on the net so this is my personal review from my own. My result might differ from others.




What it claims:

This formula combines two of the most powerful brightening agents in skincare: pure Vitamin C and Alpha Arbutin, both solubilized in a completely water-free formula for ideal stability. Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant that brightens the skin tone and reduces signs of aging. Alpha Arbutin is a highly-purified biosynthetic active ingredient that reduces the look of dark spots and uneven skin tone.


My personal review:

Texture: Feels like a little oily though it's actually oil-free. It takes a while to completely absorbed into the skin. Transparent water-like.

Scent: No scent.

The most obvious effect I could see after using this serum is it had healed my scar I got from small oil burns on my skin, completely gone within 1 week. It really brighten any hyperpigmentations and acne scars really quick.
However, for brightening the skin into a lighter original skin tone, I can't really tell for the first month as it may be unnoticably slow. You may expect skin brightening for the next 2 months.

The expiry date for this product is within 6 months after unsealing the bottle. I usually use 3 drops every night, and last more than 6 months. I found this product most effective when you put it in chiller part of your refrigerator and every time I drop them onto my skin, I can feel it's warmth and acidic on the skin, as well as slowing down its expiring process.

However for the past few weeks (exceeding 6 months), I notice this product turns yellowish (acidic) and has making my skin dull compared when I replace it with other products, AHA Pixi Glow Tonic that gives me radiant skin instead. I'm not sure if this effect is just due to my laziness for skincare routine lately. But I strongly believe that it has expired that this product can't help anymore positive effect.

Will I buy again? Since it brightens my skin when I use it on schedule and on time, I will. Definitely yes.

Warning: For the first few times, I combined this serum with AHA BHA and they irritated and flushed my skin becoming red. You can't combine this serum with Niacinamide as well as both will lose its good effects (according to what I've read, but there's a debunk theory on this. However I didn't see any positive changes when I combined Niacin with Vitamin C though - no effect).

No comments

Post a Comment

© AQILAH ALI
Maira Gall