Sunday, September 16, 2018

Review: Innisfree Extreme Safety 100 Sun Cream SPF 50 PA+++

Hi everyone!

For the past few weeks I had my skin dry and extremely dry due to extreme sun exposure. Therefore I decided to change my sunscreen since my previous sunscreen was milk based product.

So I did a little research about any recommended sunscreen for dry skin. The most common lines in sunscreen we could easily get here in Malaysia is Biore since it's available in every drugstore. But I just need something new, I found out my skin doesn't tolerate well with drugstore products. 🙄 such a baby. And finally I found some affordable options which are Cosrx and Innisfree. However based on reviews, innisfree sunscreen is more dry skin friendly since it offers products for dry skin compared to Cosrx.

Since I was away from home and I was running out of sunscreen while waiting for my order, I get my skin sunburn for 2 weeks 😂 and this sunscreen in this review is going to deal with my sensitive ass skin. Good luck.

So I just received my Innisfree Extreme Safety 100 Sun Cream SPF 50 PA +++ with sunflower oil and green tea [high protection | water base]

Skin Type: Dry, sensitive.

What it claims:

1. Double UV protection in summer.
It offers strong UV protection during the summer, which makes it ideal for leisure sports and outdoor activities.

2. Refreshing water base.
This is a water-based sun cream that leaves the skin feeling refreshed without leaving any sticky feelings and is completely removable using cleansing foam.

3. Contains sunflower oil.
Sunflower oil and green tea extracts keep healthy skin from becoming exhausted by UV rays.



I just started using this for 3 days now and I could tell some of the effects I have.

Texture: translucent, thick and creamy, I feel like icing sugar. Moderately heavy during the day. When you wear it long enough, easily wears off I guess it's wudhu friendly without need to remove it by micellar water. But that depends on your skin and humidity and temperature etc. It's thick texture providing more surface reachability with only small portion, which is more saving.

Scent: strong, stingy/acidic smell. Smells like shaving cream. Be careful that it contains fragrance.

White cast: since I'm having my skin tanned badly, I can say it has a minor white cast. You can see it's a layer on skin.

Skin type suitability: I used to have dry patchy skin after travelling, but after using this my skin becomes kind of oily (which it sometimes be when too moisturised). At least for my skin, it seems better on dry skin.


Texture

After application



It's just my third day wearing this. And I just have a sense that my sensitive skin is still trying to adapt with this product. Its growing some acne but I guess it's hormonal acne which has nothing to do with this sunscreen. Need some times to really see that. But so far, I love this sunscreen for it's not damaging my skin so far. Unlike other sunscreens I have used, they are giving me dry skin directly in one time application, and in continue usage giving me acne. I think I'm going to continue using this for the next bottle, otherwise I will try Innisfree Long Lasting for Dry Skin.

That's all, thank you for reading!

No comments

Post a Comment

© AQILAH ALI
Maira Gall